FW: [ANSTHRLD] Help with a name check

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Mon Feb 10 22:26:05 PST 2003

On Mon, 10 Feb 2003, Bryan Hanson <maceogan at hotmail.com> wrote:
> but we actually found ab discrepancy in whether or not the device
> was returned. The index of heraldic submissions would indicate to me
> the device was returned.  The collated commentary was saying it was
> pended.

The original version of the HST intro, and probably the current
version, had and has

    \textbf{Nota bene!  This is an index, NOT the set of original
    documents.}  Some errors doubtless exist.  Please tell me when you
    find any.  Ideally, you should use this to look up the real
    documents (the Armorial, LoARs, ILoARs, ILoIs) and confirm the
    information there.  They may also explain \emph{why} the action
    happened as it did.  Check the Armorial for the registered
    spelling, date, and/or blazon, but remember that earlier entries
    may not show accented letters.

> I apologize if I did wrong in recommending she contact Asterisk for
> a definitive answer on what the current status is.

That is certainly a correct recommendation.  (Other people should have
AGs, at least, but she should have The Files too.)

Daniel de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel (home); Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com; work is tmcd at us.ibm.com.