[ANSTHRLD] Squires, Achievements of Arms, and Ranks (Oh My!)

Christie Ward val_org at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 27 11:07:21 PST 2003

Rodrigo asked:
>Ok, I asked you that question so I could ask you this one.  In period a
>squire would have the interior of his helm painted red on his achievement,
>and his visor must be closed, helm facing Dexter.  Do we require the same?

Since, in the SCA, "squire" is not a rank nor an award, but rather a type of
household relationship between one flavor of peers and their students, I
think it would be goofy to somehow routinely denote this non-rank in one's
achievement (oh, gack! can you see the apprentices and proteges painting the
insides of *theirs* green and gold?) The color-coded, completely unofficial
colored belt scheme is bad enough as is without further ramification.

::GUNNVOR::