[ANSTHRLD] Who can register

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Thu Feb 27 13:46:36 PST 2003

"BOWERMAN, MATTHEW S. (JSC-DV1) (USA)"
<matthew.s.bowerman1 at jsc.nasa.gov> wrote:
> I had asked Master Daniel about this topic, and have further
> questions.  So I as the Captain of The Company of the Grail, could
> register a badge to be used by the Company, but it would be under my
> name.  And lets say I would like to be as period as possible, so I
> would like to have the badge used in an achievement.  Could I get
> this achievement registered? Or would I not be able to because it
> would have to be under my name, and I am not a peer.

Please read the achievement regulations at
<http://www.ansteorra.org/heraldry/achievements/>.  Where does it say
that you have to be a peer to register an achievement?

There is a further complication that I alluded to in my previous note:
the rules say that there is at most one achievement per person and it
has to be their arms, so the company cannot have its own achievement.
However, as I wrote, the regulations are under the authority of Star,
so you could ask Star for an exception.  If the company had been
around and active for a year or two, I suspect Star would be amenable.

Daniel de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com; tmcd at us.ibm.com is my work address