[ANSTHRLD] Name construction and conflict check

Bill Butler chemistbb3 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 27 19:17:52 PST 2003

As my heraldry exercise, Lady Medb ingen Domnail has
asked that I bring this before the list.  I am looking
for both a name construction check and conflict check
on the name and device. I haven’t found any conflicts,
but I’m still not up on all the rules.  In reading
some of the posts lately, some things I thought would
not be a conflict, were, but I haven’t figured out why
quite yet.  Pardon the spellings since I haven’t
figured out how to get my computer to do some of the
non-English characters.

The name is: Brian O’ Liam  (Irish, meaning Brian,
male descendent of Liam. I can’t get my computer to do
the O’ character properly.  The O’, based on what I
have found, can be used this way.)

The device is: Azure, a harp, in chief a clover of
four leaves slipped, fesswise, or
(If I don’t have the blazoning down right, the
description I was given was blue, with a harp in the
center and at the top a four leaf clover with a stem
laying down, all in gold.)

William