[ANSTHRLD] Group Achievements

BOWERMAN, MATTHEW S. (JSC-DV1) (USA) matthew.s.bowerman1 at jsc.nasa.gov
Fri Feb 28 13:51:38 PST 2003

I would offer these requirements for obtaining an achievement awarded to a
Tournament Company, War Band, or Guild.  I would also like to offer my
Tournament Company as a first shoot at doing this if it ever comes to pass.
We have existed for two years, and have a large membership.  So here are
some ideas that may be of use.

1.The group having existed for at least two years.
2.The group must submit an established charter, and membership list at the
time of the request submission.
3.Should not use a coronet in the arms, unless the group has specific duties
to the Crown in its charter.
4.Should not use a helm in its arms unless it is a marshal group.
5.The Crown could award an augmentation of arms to an existing group
achievement as a non-armigous award for service to the kingdom.  This would
come into play with Warbands, or units in the army like Costal, Southern,
you get the picture.
6.Groups must be reviewed (have a Visitation of sorts) every two years by
the College of Arms to insure the group is still functional, and the
achievement is not being used by none members.
7.A group that has broken up, or no longer functions must resign their
achievement, or award of arms to the College of Arms until such a time as
they are once again active.  Could also treat this as feudal arms that went
with titles, and the crown would have to give it back once the group has
proven that they are not just a flash in the pan so to speak.
8.A group achievement may be displayed by documented members of said group
in the form of a badge, on a banner, or any other medium used to display
heraldic arms.

Regards,

Lord Rodrigo de Navarra
Captain of the Company of the Grail