[ANSTHRLD] help with conflict check

Herndon, Darin DHerndon at bswintl.com
Mon Feb 24 10:50:19 PST 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: Haines, Paul [mailto:PHA at allseas.com]
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2003 12:09 PM
To: 'heralds at ansteorra.org'
Subject: RE: [ANSTHRLD] help with conflict check

If we sent it up as an appeal, would it even need to be checked against
further conflicts though?  Since the return only listed one conflict, an
appeal with permission to conflict should technically correct all
reasons
stated for the return, thereby making it acceptable. Right?

It is my belief that sending an item back up with a letter of permission
to conflict is a resub, not an appeal.  An appeal would include
additional documentation, such as this letter, but would be arguing that
the reason for the original return was incorrect.  The reason was not
wrong here; there was a conflict.  This is a resub with additional
documentation; much like a name getting resub'd in its original form
with additional documentation that was cited as missing.

Daniel?  Am I right?

Etienne