[ANSTHRLD] help with conflict check

Timothy Rayburn timothy at elfsea.net
Mon Feb 24 12:55:40 PST 2003

>> -Emma
>> (who has "Quarterly per fess indented argent and gules" in submission
>> right now...)
>
>Just checking to see if my brain is working...  This looks like 'Quarterly
>argent and gules, a fess indented counterchanged', right?

No ... this is a quaterly shield (a shield divided in half both vertically and horizontally) but the fess line (horizontal line) is indented, which is to say zip-zag (or like a bunch of Vs connected at the points (VVVVVVVVV).  It is still field-only armory.  If you wanted a less blazon-ese blazon it would be more wordy (and more complex to me) :

Per pale
 - per fess indented argent and gules
and
 - per fess indented gules and argent