[ANSTHRLD] Squires, Achievements of Arms, and Ranks (Oh My!)

BOWERMAN, MATTHEW S. (JSC-DV1) (USA) matthew.s.bowerman1 at jsc.nasa.gov
Thu Feb 27 11:51:59 PST 2003

Another thought is that in period, a herald could look at an achievement and
tell what rank, birth status, and family the person displaying the arms was.
I think that within the SCA the belt identification serves it's purpose in
one regard, and our display of arms should also do this, however we rarely
find ourselves in need of displaying our full achievements, unless we are
writing a letter, and sealing it, or using our achievements on letterheads
for inner SCA business, etc.  We may display our Achievement on a banner,
but this seems to be a late period practice that my persona would not have
done.

Rodrigo