[ANSTHRLD] Squires, Achievements of Arms, and Ranks (Oh My!)

Herndon, Darin DHerndon at bswintl.com
Thu Feb 27 12:02:55 PST 2003

Timothy wrote:
"Please remember we can change nothing here.  Just as neither the
College of Arms or the College of Heralds had any say over the creation
of these symbols, likewise they would have no say over changing such.
It is more a discussion of symbolism, which is very germain to this
list."

Thank you for that note Timothy.  These are traditions which arose
outside of the heraldic college.  It should however be noted that the
College of Arms does have some jurisdiction here.  Within the last year,
if I am not mistaken as to timing, a gentleman from Atlantia registered
a red belt as his badge.  There is always the possibility that something
will get registered which creates a problem for the tradition; though
the tradition itself is not registered.

Etienne