[ANSTHRLD] Squires, Achievements of Arms, and Ranks (Oh My!)

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Thu Feb 27 12:42:39 PST 2003

"Herndon, Darin" <DHerndon at bswintl.com> wrote:
> Within the last year, if I am not mistaken as to timing, a gentleman
> from Atlantia registered a red belt as his badge.

April 2001, Herveus d'Ormonde, Morsulus Herald, the guy who maintains
the Ordinary and Armorial.  (Previously submitted by Daniel de
Lincolia in 1994, but it was returned in kingdom for a Papworth's
conflict.)

> There is always the possibility that something will get registered
> which creates a problem for the tradition

Nonsense.  The symbol is not the thing symbolized.  Robin of Gilwell
has long had a tinctureless moustache as his badge; pace the Moustache
War, nobody is required to go shave their faces or be considered his
retainer.

Daniel de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com; tmcd at us.ibm.com is my work address