[ANSTHRLD] Question about Japanese-style Heraldry

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Tue Jan 21 23:47:55 PST 2003

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Kitty O'Neal <kitty at swbell.net> wrote:
> Are fans (japanese style folded fans) allowed Heraldic charges?

They may not be Japanese in particular; I just don't know.  Folding
fans like that are the default SCA "fan", and one was registered
without comment as late as 5/99, so they should be OK.

> I haven't gotten to the point of conflict checking yet, but she's
> wanting something that follows an argent field, gules or azure
> whatsit in a circle of the opposite color.

The result has to be blazonable in Western European terms, regardless
of how well it matches Japanese aesthetics/

> All Purpose Cultural Herald Girl Kitty Kitty

That's almost an anime title.
I think "All Purpose Cultural Herald Kitty Kitty" flows better.

Daniel de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel (home); Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com; work is tmcd at us.ibm.com.