[ANSTHRLD] Court Type Question

Herndon, Darin DHerndon at bswintl.com
Thu Jan 23 08:26:45 PST 2003

Greetings,

I have a court scenario question for those so inclined.  In theory, if
foreign royalty visit an event but the local Crown is not present and
court is being held by a Baron and Baroness on behalf of the local
Crown, then...

How would you arrange seating in court?

By our own Order of Precedence, foreign royalty outrank local landed
baronies, so do you seat the foreign royalty in the center and the
barony to the side even though it is not court of that foreign kingdom?

OR

Since the local landed would be the representative of the local Crown,
would they hold the center seating as representatives of that Crown, and
the foreign royalty would sit to one side?

I'm interested in both "I've seen it done and it was done this way" and
personal opinions.

Seigneur Etienne de St. Amaranth
Nordsteorra Herald