[ANSTHRLD] Question about Japanese-style Heraldry

Kitty O'Neal kitty at swbell.net
Wed Jan 22 00:26:21 PST 2003

> They may not be Japanese in particular; I just don't know.  Folding
> fans like that are the default SCA "fan", and one was registered
> without comment as late as 5/99, so they should be OK.

This is good.  Thank you.

> The result has to be blazonable in Western European terms, regardless
> of how well it matches Japanese aesthetics/

How would that be blazoned, assuming the charge in the middle is an open
fan?

Argent, within a(n) <outline of a circle...  what's the
blazon-term-thingie?> azure, a fan gules?

> That's almost an anime title.
> I think "All Purpose Cultural Herald Kitty Kitty" flows better.

It is.  It's a take on 'All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku', hence the
Girl.  Although I do think you're right.  *is having a t-shirt made*

Kat'ryna
otherwise known as
Kitty