[ANSTHRLD] Re:Nurbanu

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Wed Jul 9 17:56:40 PDT 2003

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003, Lee & Susan <lecachot at airmail.net> wrote:
> So, one more question.  I've only been able to find the one person
> named Nurbanu (so far) and am wondering if that would keep me from
> being able to register is, since it might be considered a "unique"
> name.  Or do you think I might be able to go ahead and try?

A few questions come to mind: what language and culture was that
again?  What time period?  Who was Nurbanu -- a random laundress that
happened to come to the attention of a chronicler, or the greatest
queen Ruritania ever had?  For languages and cultures for which we
have little knowledge, we tend to give more leeway.

Daniel de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel (home); Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com; work is tmcd at us.ibm.com.