[ANSTHRLD] Conflict check.

PKieferjr@aol.com PKieferjr at aol.com
Thu Jul 24 20:31:46 PDT 2003

In a message dated 7/24/2003 9:55:14 PM Central Daylight Time,
ravenrux at cox.net writes:

> per chevron argent and azure, two griffins segreant addorsed of the first
> in chief, a garb in base Or
>
> conflict with:
> per chevron throughout argent and azure, two griffons segreant gules and two
> quill pens in saltire argent?

First order of business:  "Per chevron throughout"?  I don't think such is
possible, but I could be wrong.

Second:  We don't say it the same way as RL heraldry.  So, "of the first"
being the same as the first color mentioned, I assume you mean "argent".

Third:  I believe (and someone can correct me on this) it's >in base x< and
not >x in base<.  Same with "in chief".

Now, taking those into account, we compare the two items and we find them to
be clear of each other for the following reasons:

1.  Griffons gules vs. Griffons Or.
2.  Garb vs two quill pens.

That alone is sufficient to call them clear.

A note:  Since the griffons are of the same color as half the field, one of
them will probably disappear and create an identifiability issue.

Lord Johann Kiefer Hayden (Paul E. Kiefer, Jr.)