[ANSTHRLD] possibly stupid question

Sara L Friedemann liana at ellipsis.cx
Mon Jul 7 07:46:31 PDT 2003

Quoth "Bridgid of Kincairn":
> I know this will possibly sound like a dumb question but here goes. I am =
> helping someone here that is thinking about using the name Regina, =
> however, since we use Regina to refer to the queen then that name is a =
> no-no. Am I correct?

Funnily enough, the RfS deal with this exact name in VI.1:

"1. Names Claiming Rank. Names containing titles, territorial claims, or
allusions to rank are considered presumptuous.

Titles like Earl and Duke generally may not be used as Society names,
even if the title is the submitters legal name. Names documented to have
been used in period may be used, even if they were derived from titles,
provided there is no suggestion of territorial claim or explicit assertion
of rank. For example, Regina the Laundress is acceptable but Regina of
Germany is not."

-Aryanhwy

--
vita sine literis mors est