[ANSTHRLD] Greetings to all...

Sara L Friedemann liana at ellipsis.cx
Mon Jul 7 08:36:24 PDT 2003

Quoth "Herndon, Darin":
> I do not know anything about Brenna and will have to look.

The only precedent I can find concerning it says:

"Brenna is only marginally justifiable for the Classical Mediterranean area. It's use in an Anglo-Irish name as one of two given names becomes two steps beyond period practice, as Anglo-Irish names did not use double given names in period. (Da'ud ibn Auda, LoAR October 1994, p. 17)"

It was registered as recently as 09/00, without comment, in a
Gaelic-language name.

> you would have to document Irish Gypsies and their naming practices and
> that could be a very long exercise and maybe fruitless.

If you're interested in information about Romany Gypsy naming practices,
I recommend this article:

"Romany (Gypsy) Names"
http://www.s-gabriel.org/names/arval/romany/

-Aryanhwy