[ANSTHRLD] Turkish Name Documentation - X-Posted

Lee & Susan lecachot at airmail.net
Mon Jul 7 18:11:15 PDT 2003

Greetings Unto the Lists!
I have a question on what would (hopefully) be considered acceptable documentation showing that a Turkish name was used during the SCA period.  I am interested in using the name "Nurbanu."  I have found that there was a Valide Sultan by that name; the mother of Sultan Murad III, who reigned from 1574-1595.  Since there aren't a lot of records of women's names, would that be considered acceptable documentation; or do I need to try to find more examples?  Obviously, I would want to construct the rest of my name so that it would not imply a similarity with the Valide Sultan.

If anyone can give me any information on this, I would appreciate it greatly.

Susan (hoping to be Nurbanu)