[ANSTHRLD] Conflict Check (Roses, Boars, and Conflicts, Oh My!)

Sara L Friedemann liana at ellipsis.cx
Wed Jul 9 11:54:22 PDT 2003

Quoth "Joseph Percer":

> What is cotising? I'm not too clear on that...

Cotises are secondary charges that look like narrow strips -
slightly wider than fimbriation - that lie on either side
of an ordinary, with a bit of gap between them and the
ordinary, so that the field shows through.  You can see
some examples by going here

http://www002.upp.so-net.ne.jp/saitou/parker/

and searching for 'cotise'.

Funnily enough, Parker only discusses cotises in refrence to
bends.  Were cotises restricted to bends in period?

> On the second device, if I change the tincture of the bordure, or the boar's
> heads, will that clear the conflict?

It will clear that conflict, but it might introduce others.  The
new design would have to be checked again.

-Aryanhwy

--
vita sine literis mors est
http://www.ellipsis.cx/~liana/