[ANSTHRLD] Thank you for all the help...

Sara L Friedemann liana at ellipsis.cx
Tue Jul 8 13:18:05 PDT 2003

Quoth Little Dancer:
> (hence the adjective, The Gypsy)  My name is 1475 Irish.  The name O'dempsy w
<snip>
> rish baby book, I guess I was just hoping that it would be pierod.  I will pr
> obaley change Brenna to something else (thank you for the site ab!

Since you say that you're considering changing your name, here's a _really_
good site that has Irish Gaelic feminine names from your period:

"Index of Names in Irish Annals: Feminine Given Names 1201 - 1600"
http://www.s-gabriel.org/names/mari/AnnalsIndex/Feminine/1201-1600.shtml

Just make sure you look at the ones who have an X in the 15th century,
(or if you want to be ultra-cool and authentic, look just at the ones
that have an X between 1451 and 1500!) and you're bound to pick a
good choice.

>  and actualy becaume a hopefully active member.  Every one already knows me a
> s Brenna.  Actauly everyone knows me as plain Gypsy so I guess it wouldn't be
>  to hard to change.

It's really not hard to change at all.  LOTS of people change their
SCA names, sometimes significantly!

-Aryanhwy

--
vita sine literis mors est