[ANSTHRLD] Slot Machine?

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Wed Jul 9 07:43:26 PDT 2003

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003, Joseph Percer <jpercer at stx.rr.com> wrote:
> To my understanding, slot machine is when you have three or more
> different charges in the same charge group....

Three or more *different types* of charges in the same charge group.
That is, you played the slot machine and you lost.

> Would:
>
>  Gules, on a bend or three roses sable
>   (Red field, gold bend with three black roses on it)

primary group: bend
a tertiary group: three roses
No group has more than one type of charge, so it's well clear.

> That one I'm really not sure about, and
>
> Vert, a chevron between three boars heads to sinister erased within a
> bordure or
> (green field, a chevron between three boars heads facing left, within a
> border, all gold)

Bless you for an English description.  "To sinister" means facing the
viewer's RIGHT.  Most people use "facing left" to mean facing the
viewer's LEFT.  Which is it?

primary group: chevron
a secondary group: three boar's heads (note apostrophe, by the way)
another secondary group: a bordure
Again, no group has more than one type of charge, so it's well clear.

Daniel de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel (home); Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com; work is tmcd at us.ibm.com.