[ANSTHRLD] Conflict Check

Sara L Friedemann liana at ellipsis.cx
Wed Jul 9 11:29:37 PDT 2003

Quoth "Joseph Percer":
> If anybody would be willing to followup my conflict checks, I want to make

Any chance you'd be able to use a more descriptive
subject line, like "roses, boars - conflict check"?

> Device 1:
>
> Gules, on a bend or three roses sable

Conflict with:

Bern, City of
The following device associated with this name was registered in June of 1995 (via Caid):
Gules, on a bend Or a bear passant sable.
Important non-SCA arms

One CD for the changes to the tertiary.

And on the subject o slot machine, the next entry in the OandA is:

Andrew of Seldom Rest
The following badge associated with this name was registered in February of 1975 (via the Middle):
Gules, on a bend Or a selle sable, a dome vert, and a rest azure.

An excellent example of slot machine armory.  (BTW - does anyone
know what a 'selle' is?).

You could probably clear the conflict by cotising the bend.

> Device 2:
>
> Vert, a chevron between three boar's heads erased to sinister within a
> bordure or

Conflict with:

Zac of Middleford
The following device associated with this name was registered in January of 1991 (via Ansteorra):
Vert, a chevron between three trident heads all within a bordure Or.

One CD for the type of secondary.

REmoving the bordure would bring it in to conflict with:

Penelopee of the Quill
The following device associated with this name was registered in September of 1995 (via the East):
Vert, a chevron between two hawk's bells and a quill pen Or.

With one CD for type of secondaries.

Sorry.

-Aryanhwy

--