[ANSTHRLD] Conflict Check (Roses, Boars, and Conflicts, Oh My!)

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Wed Jul 9 12:27:08 PDT 2003

Sara L Friedemann <liana at ellipsis.cx> wrote:
> Actually, after the page _finally_ loaded (be warned, it's big!),
> I see that [Parker] also has examples of fesses cotised.  Serves me
> right for basing a question off just the first paragraph of an entry.

For pales, the term is "endorse" rather than "cotise".

By the way, heralds should bookmark
<http://www002.upp.so-net.ne.jp/saitou/parker/>, the main page for _A
Glossary of Terms Used in Heraldry_ by James Parker, typed in by hand
by a Japanese fellow (!).  It has a lot of stuff that's out of period,
and terms used only obscurely or in tracts, but if the term isn't
there, you have some moderate assurance that the term never existed

Daniel de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com; tmcd at us.ibm.com is my work address