[ANSTHRLD] Conflict Check - Asshelin Chrystal

Kathleen O'Brien kobrien at bmc.com
Mon Jun 30 10:35:09 PDT 2003

>Is the College aware that Ashlyn is VERY upset about the spelling of her name
>(as spelled by the College)?  If I'm not mistaken (and I might be), the
>offending spelling was promised to be corrected immediately.

I spoke with her at Patrick and Julia's coronation and explained why the
changes were made when her name was registered and how she should go about
getting her name changed.

A full discussion for the reason for the change made to her given name when
it was registerd may be found under "Asshelin Chrystal" at:
	http://www.sca.org/heraldry/loar/2002/03/02-03lar.html
In summary, the submitted "Ashlin" was changed to "Asshelin" because,
"Asshelin is a plausible form ... and is the closest supportable spelling
to the submitted Ashlin."

Medb said at the decision meeting on Saturday that there is some sort of
paperwork (I can't remember whether it was a name change or appeal at this
point - my apologies) in process for her name but is behind this device
submission in the submissions process.

Mari
Pelican Queen of Arms