Fw: Fw: [ANSTHRLD] Name Variation

Mór inghean Chathail morcathail at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 3 19:32:35 PDT 2003

Unto the Heralds of the List,
Herein is the response from our Rampart Herald.

Mór

I'm afraid I can't offer any really good help.  She documented it as
"a variation of Katherine" using Withycombe's Oxford English
Dictionary of Christian Names, but even in that, the spelling 'Katlyn'
is not documented.  It seems to be a jumbling of several different
spellings, Catlin, Kate, Kateryn, etc.  "Rules were different then."

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to pass these days, but it
might be worth sending up to the SCAHRLDS list and seeing if any of
the real name people have a suggestion.

Alia Marie