[ANSTHRLD] Conflict Check

Sara L Friedemann liana at ellipsis.cx
Mon Jun 23 20:45:05 PDT 2003

Quoth "iaenmor":
> Morgunn- =
> http://www.medievalscotland.org/scotnames/simplescotgaelicnames12.shtml  =

By gum, I _knew_ I'd seen the name elsewhere, I was looking in
the wrong place.

> this is taken off the  Academy of Saint Gabriel website.

No, it's from the Medieval Scotland website.  Check the URL.
It doesn't start with "http://www.s-gabriel.org", so it's not
an S. Gabriel website.

This makes <Morgunn>, in this spelling, appropriate for a
12th century Scottish Gaelic name.  <MacKenzie>, being Scots
and not Gaelic, would not be authentic combined with <Morgunn>.
I believe the Gaelic form of <MacKenzie> is <mac Coinneach> -
I can check Black tomorrow to double check.  If so, <Morgunn
mac Coinneach> is a fine Gaelic name, which could have been
recorded in Scots as <Morgund McKenzie>.

-Aryanhwy

--
vita sine literis mors est
http://www.ellipsis.cx/~liana/