[ANSTHRLD] re my badge

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Tue Mar 4 13:09:49 PST 2003

"doug bell" <magnus77840 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>One CD for the field and nothing for the ax.  I don't
>remember the precedents for a CD for dovetailed
>vs embattled.

==.

[Purpure, a church bell, a bordure dovetailed argent.] This is clear
of ... Azure, a hawk's bell within a bordure embattled argent., with
one CD for difference in field, and one CD for difference in type of
the bells. (Jaelle of Armida, LoAR June 1997, p. 7)

There is [no CD] for the difference between bretessed and
dovetailed. (Da'ud ibn Auda, LoAR June 1995, p. 22)

The dovetailed line is currently allowed, as compatible with period
practice.  We grant it no difference from embattled or raguly,
however.  (Ariel Giboul des Montagnes, July, 1992, pg. 4)

Daniel de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com; tmcd at us.ibm.com is my work address