[ANSTHRLD] Device Construction Question

Jennifer Smith jds at randomgang.com
Wed Mar 5 12:08:10 PST 2003

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 01:49:38PM -0600, Herndon, Darin wrote:
> If you have a device with a metal field and a color ordinary for a
> primary charge (say a fess or pale), an overall charge would need to be
> done in a contrasting color to the ordinary but it would need to be a
> color since most of it would be over the field.  Right?

Since 'overall' charges are defined as lying on the field, it must have
proper contrast with the field.  In this case, it would need to be a
color.  It cannot be the same color as the charge it's overlying, or
else it'd be too obscuring.

The example given in the RfS has a sable fess overlying a purpure lion.
About the only worse color-color contrasting pair I can think of would
be blue and purple.

-Emma

--
Jennifer Smith