[ANSTHRLD] refining my badge

Kathleen O'Brien kobrien at bmc.com
Wed Mar 5 15:51:31 PST 2003

>Big tip to making anything with a complicated object....overhead projector
>and the picture on a transparancy. :)

The first time I tried to sew formy crosses for my device, I _really_
wasn't happy with them.  They didn't come out with clean lines, clean
curves, & sharp corners.

So, I pulled the "make a pillow" stunt.  I put a piece of plain muslin
against the "right" side of the fabric I was using and sewed a square
(leaving a bit open in the middle of one side).  Then I drew a cross formy
on the muslin with a pencil, protractor, and straight edge.  The edges of
the sewn square were the edges of the cross.  Then I sewed along the pencil
line.  When I was done, I clipped outside the seam all the way around the
cross, turned it "right" side out, and sewed the thing down on my banner.
Presto!  Nice sharp lines, curves that really look the same throughout the
cross, and fairly decent points at the ends of the arms of the cross.

Mari