[ANSTHRLD] Quickie Question

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Fri Mar 7 18:00:38 PST 2003

"Joseph Percer" <jpercer at stx.rr.com> wrote:
> and if you wouldn't mind, (I don't have an image of it, but)
> checking my blazon, its Vert, a rapier in pale argent within a
> bordure embattled Or.

A minor blazon nit: "in pale" means that two or more objects are
arranged vertically.  I guess you mean "palewise", which means that an
object (or more than one) are each oriented so that they are vertical.
A sowrd is vertical by default.

To make sure: you have a green background, you have a white sword on
it with the business end pointing upward and the hilt pointing
downward, and there's a gold band around the rim of the shield with
embattlements
   _   _   _

pointing inward?

    Vert, a rapier argent within a bordure embattled Or.

Daniel de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com; tmcd at us.ibm.com is my work address