[ANSTHRLD] Name Question - Sybilla (Or Variants Thereof)

Lee & Susan lecachot at airmail.net
Sun Mar 16 07:24:59 PST 2003

Greetings to the list!
I hope I may be forgiven for asking this of the list members, since I'm not
an active Herald of any sort....  Also, my apologies to those who get this
more than once; Im trying to cast my net as far as possible. :)

Anyway, with that said, I'm trying to find out if the name Sybilla (or any
variant spellings) would be possible for a late period Scots-English
persona.  I'm looking primarily at 16th C..  I don't have easy access to
Withycombe, so I couldn't check that.

I believe Sybille is documentable in Germany (i.e. Sybille of Cleves), but
I'm looking for any other information.

If anyone can give me any information/comments on this name, I would be
sincerely grateful,
Susan