[ANSTHRLD] Conflict check help

Kathleen O'Brien kobrien at bmc.com
Wed Mar 26 08:00:38 PST 2003

At 09:11 PM 3/25/03 -0600, Daniel wrote:
>On Tue, 25 Mar 2003, Chris Norman <chris at cncnorman.com> wrote:
>> Device 1
>> Azure on a bend sinister between two lions couchant guardant argent
>> three Maltese crosses gules
>
>Charges on a bend follow the line of the bend unless blazoned
>otherwise (and the same for bends sinister).  The crosses look like
>
>       /
>      /     /
>     /  X  /
>    /     /
>   /  X  /
>  /     /
> /  X  /
>/     /
>     /
>    /
>
>(Yes, it is possible to change the blazon for them to look like
>

>       /
>      /     /
>     /  +  /
>    /     /
>   /  +  /
>  /     /
> /  +  /
>/     /
>     /
>    /
>
>But may I try to convince you to do the period thing?)

Hey!  Some of us purposefully put our crosses in that position _because_
they were doing the period thing.  If you want the crosses in saltire,
rather than regular, position, they become + position when you put them on
a bend or bend sinister.

Mari
Device: Per bend argent and vert, on a bend sable two crosses formy
palewise argent.
Badge:  Sable, a saltire formy argent.