[ANSTHRLD] Conflict check help

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Wed Mar 26 08:26:32 PST 2003

"Kathleen O'Brien" <kobrien at bmc.com> wrote:
> Hey!  Some of us purposefully put our crosses in that position
> _because_ they were doing the period thing.  If you want the crosses
> in saltire, rather than regular, position, they become + position
> when you put them on a bend or bend sinister.
>
> Mari
> Device: Per bend argent and vert, on a bend sable two crosses formy
> palewise argent.
> Badge:  Sable, a saltire formy argent.

Now, now, I was addressing what happens to upright crosses, not
saltires/saltorels.  Yes, a saltorel (X) goes to a cross (+) if done
periodwise on a bend.  I don't know why (search search) Da'ud did your
device blazon using a longer and less-period style.

Daniel de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com; tmcd at us.ibm.com is my work address