[ANSTHRLD] Blazon

Timothy Rayburn timothy at elfsea.net
Fri Mar 28 11:10:08 PST 2003

>How would one blazon "Or, Three Lozenges Azure"? That is on a Gold Field,
>three blue Lozenges across the middle, the center one being higher than the
>outside two.  I used the blazon above, and the Armory said it was not a
>valid description.

Well, it's the position that is the problem.  Specifically, the default for three items on Armory is "2 and 1", which is the outside two higher than the center 1.  What you have described is "1 and 2", with 1 higher than the other 2.

I would blazon such a device :

Or, three lozenges 1 and 2 azure.

An alternative would be :

Or, in chevron three lozenges azure.

I would suspect that if submited to the SCA CoA this device would be registered as the second, as we tend to avoid the use of "1 and 2" and it's cousins in the SCA.

Timothy
Eclipse