[ANSTHRLD] Blazon

Chandranath chandra at plumes.org
Fri Mar 28 11:29:22 PST 2003

On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 01:09:11PM -0600, BOWERMAN, MATTHEW S. (JSC-DV1) (USA) wrote:
> How would one blazon "Or, Three Lozenges Azure"? That is on a Gold Field,
> three blue Lozenges across the middle, the center one being higher than the
> outside two.  I used the blazon above, and the Armory said it was not a
> valid description.

The who said what?

At any rate, "Or, three lozenges azure" is entirely valid, although it
doesn't quite match your description -- default for a group of three
charges is two up, one down, so what you want is
"Or, three lozenges azure one and two azure."  Note that normally
nothing is capitalized in mid-blazon except the word Or to clarify it's
not the conjunction (I'm sure I will be correct on this, but what the
heck.)

While I was at it, I tried my meager conflict-checking skills out.
Looks clear to me, but I'll be interested to see if my skills were
too meager. :)

Hope this helps.

Chandra
briefly pretending to be a book herald

--
Lord Chandranath <chandra at plumes.org>
"Per pale sable and gules, a decrescent argent."