[ANSTHRLD] Device advice

Brian L. Rygg or Laura Barbee-Rygg rygbee at montana.com
Sat Mar 29 02:05:09 PST 2003

Owen Sable Storm scripsit:

> He would like: Azure a celtic cross argent, bend
> sinister, Or masoned sable. Any comments?

     Needs some blazon-fu.  Am I understanding correctly that it's a blue
field with a white cross, on top of which is a bend sinister of yellow
bricks?  If so:

Azure, a Celtic cross argent and overall a bend sinister Or masoned sable.

     Haven't conflict-checked it.  The question I'd have is whether the bend
sinister would cover up (too much of) the circle that seems to be a defining
element of the Celtic cross.

     If so, a possible solution would be to swap the primary and overall
charges, so that the cross is on top, thus:

Azure, a bend sinister Or masoned sable and overall a Celtic cross argent.

Your honours in dutie.

Brendan Pilgrim
------
"You've been in the SCA too long when your spell check recognizes
'pursuivant'."
--Henry of Linlithgow