[ANSTHRLD] Faelyne du la Maurienne

Joseph Percer jpercer at stx.rr.com
Sun Mar 30 18:51:06 PST 2003

Magnus, and anybody else who might be able to tackle this thing:

Here's what I've receieved back from Lady De la Maurienne:

<snips>

My persona is 15th/16th Century Scottish and French.  The first name Faelyne
is Scottish. . .last name "du la Maurienne" is French.

I went through three heralds because the first two had no clue about the
name Faelyne.  Then I got the third, elder gentleman and he found it in
about two minutes.  I cannot remember the name of the book that Faelyne was
found in.  I just remember that it was Scottish (Gaelic) and meant "a
graceful woman"  When the herald found the name, in the book, he showed me
the spellings and the definition of it said that.  I spoke to a couple
relatives and they know that Faelyne (current spelling) is of
Scotland/Ireland.  In the Irish dialect it means a"a graceful woman" and in
the Scottish dialect it means "a beautiful woman"

The spelling that Faelyne was changed to was. . .II cannot remember it.  At
the moment, all that comes to mind is that there was no "e" in the new
spelling.  I believe both forms of á  and í  were in the new spelling.
There were about five or six different spellings.  The first one had about
16 letters in it.  I know the new letters just cannot form them to spell
them. . .if that mkes sense.   It was a small book. . .about like 7"h 5"w.
There was a baron in Trimaris that I was speaking with and we got onto
names.  He mentioned that Faelyne was in the female form of Falon. .
.spelling be a bit different.

Any help ya'll can offer is appreciated,

Jaime