[ANSTHRLD] looking for specific rule

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Thu Mar 6 16:15:19 PST 2003

"Haines, Paul" <PHA at allseas.com> wrote:
> Can someone help me locate, in either the Admin Handbook or Rules
> for Submission, where it says submitters are limited to four pieces
> of armory, specifically one device and three badges?
>
> I found in the Admin Handbook where it says "four pieces of armory",

AH I, to be precise:

    A. Kingdoms, Principalities, Baronies, and Provinces - Kingdoms,
    principalities, baronies, provinces, and equivalent branches are
    subject to no limit on the number of items they may register.

    B. Individuals and other local groups - Individuals and other
    Society branches may register no more than four names and four
    pieces of armory. Any submission by an individual or branch which
    would otherwise exceed this limit must be accompanied by a release
    of one or more items already registered to them to accommodate the
    new item[s].

> but it doesn't specify device and badges.

AH II.D,

    1. Personal Device - The single piece of armory associated with an
    individual's Primary Society Name which uniquely identifies that
    individual.

However, it doesn't exactly say "[individual] submitters are limited
to four pieces of armory, specifically one device and three badges":
since there is no requirement that you have a device, you could have
up to four badges and no device.  Silly, but you could do it.

Daniel de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com; tmcd at us.ibm.com is my work address