[ANSTHRLD] Blazon

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Fri Mar 28 11:37:55 PST 2003

"Timothy Rayburn" <timothy at elfsea.net> wrote:
> I would suspect that if submited to the SCA CoA this device would be
> registered as the second, as we tend to avoid the use of "1 and 2" and
> it's cousins in the SCA.

Um, actually, the reverse.  "One and two" was used in sixteen
registered blazons in 2000 alone, and one of them got a "Nice armory!"
comment.  "In chevron" was not used at all for three objects in 2000:
it was used for pairs of long skinny objects arranged like /\, and for
four or five objects.

"One and two" and "in chevron" are equivalent, though, in this sort of
case.  If you prefer to use the term "in chevron", you could write it
in the proposed blazon box (and I'd attach a note to each form saying
that you prefer that term), and if nobody changed it along the way, I
suppose it'd presumably get registered that way.

Daniel de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com; tmcd at us.ibm.com is my work address