[ANSTHRLD] Device advice

Blaise de Cormeilles blaise at scadian.net
Sat Mar 29 13:01:22 PST 2003

On Sat, Mar 29, 2003 at 03:05:09AM -0700, Brian L. Rygg or Laura Barbee-Rygg wrote:
> Owen Sable Storm scripsit:
>
> > He would like: Azure a celtic cross argent, bend
> > sinister, Or masoned sable. Any comments?
>
>      Needs some blazon-fu.  Am I understanding correctly that it's a blue
> field with a white cross, on top of which is a bend sinister of yellow
> bricks?  If so:
>
> Azure, a Celtic cross argent and overall a bend sinister Or masoned sable.
>
>      Haven't conflict-checked it.  The question I'd have is whether the bend
> sinister would cover up (too much of) the circle that seems to be a defining
> element of the Celtic cross.
>
>      If so, a possible solution would be to swap the primary and overall
> charges, so that the cross is on top, thus:
>
> Azure, a bend sinister Or masoned sable and overall a Celtic cross argent.

That, however, would be extremely TSCA; almost all occurrences of overall
charges in period armory have an ordinary on top of a complex charge,
rather than the other way around.

However, from the description given I would more likely think of "Azure,
a bend sinister Or masoned sable and in canton a celtic cross argent."

Blaise
--
Jim Trigg, Lord High Everything Else  O-          /"\
SKA Seigneur Blaise de Cormeilles                 \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN