[ANSTHRLD] ? on the Name Messal(l)ina (X-Posted)

Lee & Susan lecachot at airmail.net
Thu May 29 17:42:49 PDT 2003

Salve!
I was wondering if anyone knows if Messal(l)ina would be a possible cognomen for a 1st - 2nd cent. Roman persona, or is the name only known from Claudius's 3rd wife Valeria Messallina; and if so, is it considered a one of a kind name.  There is a name Aurelia Messalina in the online O&A, can I take this as a hopeful sign?

My thanks,
Susan