[ANSTHRLD] ne More Roman Name Question (X-Posted)

doug bell magnus77840 at hotmail.com
Sat May 31 21:32:50 PDT 2003

I haven't seen a single Roman name that was well known enough to be
presuption.
Even Nero was used by other officials in the empire.  Something like
Caligula might
make folks cringe.

The easiest guide is to look in a major print encyclopedia such as
Brittanica.  It the entire
name isn't in there it has very little change of presumption.  Major figures
from that
dynasty like Gaius Julius Caeser would be there.  I don't remember the full
names for
Claudius and Caligula.

Magnus
orle herald