[ANSTHRLD] Badge & Tabard

Paul Haines wyrmclaw at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 19 20:20:58 PDT 2003

Crossed trumpets are reserved as a charge in any usage, so I understand.
They are reserved however to heraldic offices.  The badge for a heraldic
officer is Vert, two straight trumpets in saltire, bells in chief, Or.  This
badge can be used by any heraldic officer, such as a local branch herald.
Thus you don't need to register anything unique for Seawinds.

If you want to make a tabbard for your local herald, you have several
options, but the one most heralds prefer to see (even if they don't use it
themselves) is a tabbard that is made of the arms of the branch.  In this
case the arms of Seawinds.  Leave the laurel wreath on it, as that is a part
of the branch's arms.  It can be just a front and back tabbard, or you can
add the sleeves to it that have the arms on them too.

Currently, the Barony of the Stargate has a tabbard that has the green with
gold trumpets (heraldic badge) on the torso front and back.  The right
sleeve has the Ansteorran arms and the left sleeve has the Stargate arms.  A
new tabbard is in development if we can get the time and motivation to get
it done. :)

In service,
Alden
Sentinel Pursuivant