[ANSTHRLD] Question about your *Crown Tournament*

Diane Rudin serena1570 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 4 11:30:20 PST 2003

--- tmcd at panix.com wrote:

> I heard during the tourney that Miguel won one bout with a skilled
> rapier move, just a quick thrust, *bloop*, to his opponent's face.

This is the blow which won Crown Tournament, if I understood his Royal
Highness's description of the bout.  (We were in the middle of the Porto Party
(TM), so it's possible that I misunderstood.)

(Clarification for those coming in to the middle of this discussion:  Prince
Miguel was fighting with a rattan weapon with a thrusting tip, not a rapier.
It's just that the skills transfer so well....)

--Serena,
who, in the interest of furthering pedantry, has altered the subject heading.
In Ansteorra, Crown is held two months before Coronation.