[ANSTHRLD] Heraldic activities at crown tournament?

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Mon Nov 3 08:01:00 PST 2003

"Bordelon, Wendel" <Wendel_Bordelon at bmc.com> wrot:
> My statement was wash away the sins of his previous employer.  It is
> not what I was intending to say.  It was supposed to be about the
> naming but that is what you get when you don't have your thoughts
> written down.

But people thought it was funny, so it's all to the good.

> Lesson to be learned:  have a detailed script with ALL the comments...

Ohhh, yes.  Da'ud mentioned one of his court heralding experiences:
"This opens the court of Their Majesties ... [pause] [turn to king]
Who ARE you, anyway?".  When I was a local pursuivant and doing
courts, I would write down every word I could, including the Vivat
baron!  Vivat the Steppes!.

A side note I was going to mention: I was tickled that, when the
herald stumbled with "Long like the king--queen!", I believe I heard
most of the crowd reply "Long like the king--queen!".

Daniel "vivat rex!  [vivat rex!] ickki ickki ptang ZWOOP naurlmurlm!
[ickki ickki ptang ZWOOP naurlmurlm!]" de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com; tmcd at us.ibm.com is my work address