[ANSTHRLD] Question about your Coronation

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Wed Nov 5 07:17:36 PST 2003

Bill Butler <chemistbb3 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Bordelon, Wendel" <Wendel_Bordelon at bmc.com> wrote:
> > Any Kingdom can ask the Board to allow something different on a
> > one-time case-by-case basis.
>
> I haven't read Society Law in a while but I believe that the use of
> a Rapier Tourney to decide Crown is still expressly forbiden even
> with the exception rule.

The very last words in Corpora, actually:

    C. Rapier Fighting in the Society The Board acknowledges rapier
    combat as an ancillary activity of the Society when properly
    supervised by the Marshals and when approved by individual
    kingdoms. Rapier combat may take place within a kingdom only by
    rules established by the Marshallate of that kingdom and after the
    approval of those rules by the Marshal of the Society. The Marshal
    of the Society will maintain guidelines for rapier combat within
    the Society. Rapier combat, not having been part of formal
    tournament combat in the Middle Ages, shall not be a part of
    formal tournament lists for royal ranks and armigerous titles.

On the other hand, the Board has the sole right to change Corpora:

    1. Publication of changes

    Under normal circumstances, the Board will publicize proposed
    changes to Corpora in sufficient time to allow comment from the
    membership before making a final determination. The Board of
    Directors shall give a minimum of sixty (60) calendar days notice
    to Kingdom Administration of the effective date of changes made
    Corpora. This notice shall be in written form and the sixty days
    shall count from the date of mailing. In case of an emergency,
    less notice may be given, such notice to be no less than thirty
    (30) days before the implementation date for such changes. In all
    cases where less than sixty days notice was given, the notice
    shall be accompanied by a letter of explanation of the emergency
    prompting the change.

Daniel de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com; tmcd at us.ibm.com is my work address