[ANSTHRLD] Armory Check

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Wed Oct 1 13:42:21 PDT 2003

"Herndon, Darin" <DHerndon at bswintl.com> wrote:
> When comparing armory, are two, otherwise identical devices, clear
> if device "A" has a bordure gules and device "B" has an annulet
> sable?  Another way to ask this question would be: Is device "B"
> clear by deletion of the bordure and addition of the annulet?

It is my understanding that peripheral ordinaries are treated as
secondary charges as usual.  Therefore, in this case there would be
one CD for changing a bordure <-> an annulet and a second CD for
changing the tincture of a group of secondary charges (gules <->
sable).

A clearer example would be
    Sable, a lion within a bordure argent.
versus
    Sable, a lion within an annulet argent.
I believe that they would be held to conflict: only 1 CD for change of
type.

Daniel de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com; tmcd at us.ibm.com is my work address