[ANSTHRLD] Rocking Chairs - Registerability????

Brent.Ryder at compucom.com Brent.Ryder at compucom.com
Wed Sep 3 05:20:42 PDT 2003

Howdy,

I am checking into the registerability of 'rocking chair(s)' as a period
heraldic charge, real or just possible.

The proposed device is, 'Per chevron inverted argent and vert, a tree
proper and three rocking chairs Or'.

When I got the proposed submission, the 'rocking chairs' looked more
like roman scissor chairs atop crescents which would have looked really
odd if actually registered or registerable. They explained they could
not find anything and a rocking chair as a period device.

Let me know what you all can find out with alternates if rocking chairs
are not registerable.

Thanks

Borek