[ANSTHRLD] A question, if you have time, thank you

Blaise de Cormeilles blaise at scadian.net
Wed Sep 3 12:06:19 PDT 2003

On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 11:51:48AM -0700, R C wrote:

>  Hello my name is Tarasii Rostislavich and I would
> like to know if anyone knows of any problems with this
> device:
>
> blue background, silver chevron, above the chevron a
> silver sickle and a silver lyre, below a silver
> gryphon seargeant
>
>  I am still working on the blazon and can't really
> work the O & A well enough yet to find any major
> conflicts with it. Any input would be greatly
> appreciated, Thank you.

This would be blazoned "Azure, a chevron between a sickle, a lyre,
and a gryphon segreant argent".  Unfortunately, it is unregisterable
due to non-period style -- there is no evidence for having three
unrelated charges in the same charge group.  (This is frequently
referred to as either the "Rule of Three" or the "Slot Machine
Rule".)

You might try putting blue lyres on the chevron instead.

(Azure, on a chevron between two sickles and a gryphon segreant
argent three lyres azure.)

Blaise
--
Jim Trigg, Lord High Everything Else  O-          /"\
SKA Seigneur Blaise de Cormeilles                 \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN