[ANSTHRLD] Heraldic-ish question

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Fri Apr 2 08:48:46 PST 2004

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004, Etienne de St. Amaranth wrote:
> [someone else wrote:]
> >An example would be that I look across the field and
> >see my device on someone else's sheild.  After the
> >battle, I hunt them up and say that that is my
> >registered device and I would appreciate it if they
> >would not use it.  They say they like the way it looks
> >and intend to use it and tough cookies (or something
> >similar) if I don't like it.  Do I have any recourse
>
> If such a situation were to occur, your immediate recourse is to
> contact your kingdom's principal herald to lodge a complaint.

I would like to emphasize that that's the *second* action.  The
article on dispute resolution in the SCA (now Appendix A of the
Governing Documents at <http://sca.org/docs/govdocs.pdf>) points out
that, as the original questioner wrote, if you have a problem with
person X's action, your first action is to approach person X directly
and try to work it out.  The article has a lot of helpful advice, and
I suggest that if it happens, you get and read it.

Daniel de Lincolia, who should follow it more often
--
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com; tmcd at us.ibm.com is my work address